1 ½ Tbsp of salt
2 Tbsp of black pepper
3 Tbsp of Italian breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp of oregano
¾ cup of grated Parmigianino-Reggiano cheese
¾ cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
2 Tbsp of Italian parsley, chopped
2 lb(s) of ground meat mixture (40% beef, 40% veal, 20% pork recommended)
4 L of marinara sauce
1. Evenly mix together all ingredients except the marinara sauce and tempura mix in a big bowl using your hands.
2. Use an ice cream scoop to make balls out of the mixture. Keep the ice cream scoop wet at all times so the meat does not stick to it.
3. Heat up a frying pan to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and fry the balls for 3 minutes until they get a nice crunchy coating.
4. Drain the balls from the grease and move them into a pot of marinara sauce so they keep cooking for another 40 minutes.
5. Put the pot in the fridge to cool off. When the balls are cool, drain the marinara, but keep the sauce for later use.
6. Put each ball on a wooden stick. Dip the balls in a tempura mix, so they have a thin coating of tempura.
7. Deep-fry each lollipop for 3 – 4 minutes. Dab them with paper towel, and season with salt to taste.
8. Use the marinara as dipping sauce with Pecorino cheese, if desired.