Tangy Short Ribs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Add wine, soy sauce and water. Add the short ribs ensuring they are covered with the liquid. If needed add a little more water.
3. In a large pot (large enough to hold the short ribs) sauté onions, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and celery in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer on low for 2 to 2¼ hours or until tender. Take care that the meat is NOT so tender that it all falls off the bones.
5. Remove ribs from braising liquid. Save half a cup of the braising liquid for the Sauce.
6. To make the Sauce: In a bowl combine all ingredients from the Sauce list.
7. Place the short ribs in a rectangular baking dish and pour Sauce over them.
8. Cook 15 to 20 minutes until hot and bubbling.