2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
10 oz pancetta
1 large carrot, grated
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 stalks (1/2 cup) celery, chopped
4 clove garlic, finely chopped
¾ lb(s) ground veal
¾ lb(s) ground pork
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp crushed red chilies
4 cup low-sodium beef broth
½ cup dry Italian white wine
1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
16 oz tagliatelle
1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 tsp salt
1. Heat a large pan over medium heat; add olive oil, butter, pancetta, carrots, onions, celery, and garlic. Stir and cook for 10 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
2. Increase heat to high and add ground veal and ground pork. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red chili flakes. Break up ground meat with a spoon.
3. Stir and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until meat is uniformly brown.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in beef broth, white wine, and tomato paste; simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces by one third. Taste and add salt, if needed.
5. In the last 10 minutes, bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and add tagliatelle. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until pasta is firm but not chewy; drain (do not rinse) and serve with sauce, grated Parmesan and parsley.