4 green tea bags
2 (6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-sized cubes
⅓ cup finely diced red onion
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
3 Tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
1 ½ tsp white balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp sliced natural almonds
8 slices fruit-n-nut or rye bread
1 cup packed mixed baby salad greens
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the tea bags and bring back to a rolling boil. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and the chicken. Cover, reduce the heat to low and poach until fully cooked, about 7 minutes. Drain and transfer the chicken to a small bowl to cool to room temperature.
3. Stir together the onions, mayonnaise, yogurt, basil, tarragon, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in the cooled chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to combine.
4. Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Divide the chicken among 4 of the bread slices, and top with the almonds, salad greens and the remaining bread slices. Cut in half and serve.
Source and Credits
Courtesy of Food Network Kitchen