6 thin slices pancetta, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 Tbsp sunflower or olive oil
¼ fennel, chopped
½ red onion, sliced
1 cup purple cauliflower florets
½ cup fresh or frozen peas
1 cup vegetable, chicken or beef broth
5 baby zucchinis, thinly sliced
6 baby yellow button squash, quartered
½ cup fresh cheese (ricotta, sheep or goat)
pinch roasted pine nuts, to taste
¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
Parmigiano cheese, grated to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
250 g Capunti pasta, cooked al dente
1. Boil and salt water for your favorite pasta. Follow the directions listed on the package. I like to cook my pasta al dente; “firm to the bite”. While the noodles are cooking its is time to start cooking the sauce.
2. Place oil in a large sauté or frying pan. Place the pancetta in hot oil until it’s caramelized and cooked. Remove pancetta from the pan. Set aside for later.
3. Lower the heat to a med-high temperature. Brown red onions and fennel. Add purple cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes. Add veggie broth. When the sauce becomes hot again, add the peas. At this point add cooked/drained noodles to your fresh sauce over the heat; marry the ingredients.
4. Add the remaining veggies, baby button squash and baby zucchini. Add the pancetta, fresh cheese and roasted pine nuts. Toss until combined.
5. Salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped fresh Italian parsley and grated Parmigiano to taste. Enjoy your meal!