Cured Sable Fish
1. Blend together all the above dry ingredients. After you have combined dry ingredients, take the mixture and rub it into the fish. Make sure fish is well coated, then place fish into the fridge to cure for 24 hours.
1. Peel cipollini onions, and slice thinly. In a large stainless steel pot sweat cipollini onions in half of the butter until they are clear and become soft and sticky.
2. In separate pot melt butter until it starts to bubble, add flour while stirring constantly, continue to stir pour in the 2% milk bring to a boil while stirring.
3. Add the cipollini onions to the pot, allow to simmer for 15 min, season with salt and white pepper.
Puff Plank, Quail Mirror
1. Pre-set oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the puff pastry sheet into six rectangles, score them and brush with egg yolk, put puff pasty onto baking sheet, place a second baking sheet on top put into oven.
1. With your warmed plate, Place the cipollini soubise in the center of the plate. Place the Puff pastry on top of this. The soubise will help the puff pastry stick to the plate and stop it from moving. Place your smoked sable fish on top of the puff pastry. Garnish with a steamed quail egg and shiso.