4 large jalapenos, cut lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
¼ cup Greek yogurt
1 tsp grainy mustard
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp dried thyme
4 strips bacon, cut lengthwise into thin strips
2 pitted black olives, cut into small dice (for “eyes”)
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a large baking sheet with foil and add jalapenos, cut side-up.
2. In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, grainy mustard, Parmesan cheese and dried thyme. Divide evenly between jalapenos and smooth out top.
3. Wrap thin strips of bacon around jalapenos, leaving a small gap near the stem for the eyes. Up to this point (precooked), you can cover and refrigerate the mummies for up to 1 day.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until bacon is crispy and cheese is bubbling. Cool for 5 minutes.
5. Place two pieces of diced olive on each jalapeno (the “eyes”) in the small gap near the stem.
6. Serve warm.
Source and Credits
Recipe courtesy of Allison Day